View Single Post
      11-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #23
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk749 View Post
My apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but I am in a bit of a panic and in no frame of mind to do a comprehensive search. I just got my snows on, and for the second time I am getting a yellow warning light up on my dash when accelerating. It first flashed up after going around a soft right turn. I was not going hard on the accelerator nor going around the turn very hard. It would then flash up on the dash when I went full throttle, and at that point the the car would go to about 50% power. When I would let off the accelerator the light would go out. Step on it again, hard on the accelerator, and the light flashes back on and 50% power. Does this have anything to do with the snow tires not being able to handle the power of the car? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! By the way, it is a very nice night in NJ tonight - 50 degrees and clear (if that matters).
Snow tires are meant for SNOW. They suck on dry roads, especially in relative "warm" 50F temps
Also, be careful, stopping distance on dry roads is pretty bad too.
That's why I don't recommend snow tires in areas where you don't have much snow on the ground during winter.
Get a good set of all seasons and simply drive cautiously on days when there is snow until it gets cleared away.

Yes, it has everything to do with snow tires on dry roads and "warm" weather.
Appreciate 0