06-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #38
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat1seriesdoe View Post
In the process of doing this now.. got EVERYTHING off pretty easily except for that last "quick" disconnect (should be quick-reconnect !) on the front side of the thermostat.. the one that has the Y-fitting then gos to id say 1/2" hose and then to the tstat ... ive got the clip completely off the fitting, but its stuck as hell spent almost an hour and a half yesterday fighting it.. i think im going to drop my fmic (its a 7") and see if i cant get in there with a screw driver..
I had my dealer do my replacement because they only wanted 200 euros in labor for this entire job. I thought that was a pretty good deal - so I let them do it. But I know the pain you are in with dealing with those quick-connect hoses.

Recently I had to replace an upper coolant hose on my e39 leading to the water pump... I also had trouble. What I did was I pop up the clip, and then I used a LONG pry bar and smacked it good with a dead-blow hammer. Only took two good smacks before it came off.

IF the hose is really stubborn you might just replace it too. Feel the hoses to make sure they aren't hard and brittle or cracking. They should be soft and flexible.

Dackel
Appreciate 0