View Single Post
      10-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Thanks to OP for wonderful DIY. Very simple and safe job thanks to his tips. I highly recommend using a 13mm ratcheting wrench for the top mount bolts. Way more easier than using a socket. The whole job took me 30 minutes, with 10 minutes spent on removing plastic splash shields. While I was under there, I did the transmission fluid change and diff fluid change.

I used the E46/M3 transmission mounts, and they are idetnical in shape and size, with but have stiffer rubber. The 135i E82 original mounts used softer rubber and could be bent and twisted between my fingers.

Really happy with the results. Easier and more precise shifts, and slight increase in tranny whine (just 1st and 2nd gear) , which I think adds more sport character to the car.

I cant wait to try this on the track, and see if hunting for gears during downshifts (sloppiness) is reduced.

Highly recommended and simple mod!
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0