08-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #9
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Thanks for the posts.

@shocknawe, I am 99% sure they are not installed updside down. But anything is possible and it wouldn't be the first time I did something wrong! Based on the fe1rx link, I have mine installed just as the picture in his op.

gjm120, I believe the excerpt you posted is for the guide rod, which gets mounted curve side down, but points angled forward sort of. The arm in my pictures that is making contact to the chassis is the wishbone, I believe that should be mounted with the curve side up, which is how I have it.

@dtla, My car is not that low imo, but the best way to tell the ride height is to look at the pictures in my "garage". My guess is I have a half to one finger gap in the rear.

@1and1, I do think the bump stop may be to short and I need to add one or two packers to limit travel.
Yes - it was the guide rod. It is curved downward and the way to tell right from left is what end the bushing or bearing is on. FWIW I think the guide rod is most improvement for the money/effort.