08-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #17
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Thanks for the replies

dtla1, yeah you are right, I am running the m3 lca.

bbnks2, I plan to look at where everything is at when the bump stop is engaged, but I would need to remove my rear spring and I didn’t have time. In truth, I got Falken azenis 615+ tires mounted like three weeks ago and I just want to go drive lol. So I put it back together with the added Packers.

I did take a picture of the travel with the suspension fully unloaded and I believe the amount of travel was more than three inches. Is that what you are referring to as bump travel?

Appreciate the insight into the travel between the shock and arm is not 1 to 1.

The TC Kline shock bodies are not threaded unfortunately. Just the spring perches are adjustable. Turner makes an upper mount that is adjustable, but i don’t think it works with the size of the TC shaft.

I wish it was something that was stuck between the arm and body causing the contact, but I can clearly see where it is hitting. One side directly in the arm and the other side on the break sensor wire bracket.
Bump/jounce travel refers to the distance between static ride height and full compression. I have about 2" of bump travel and 1.5" of droop travel. Not exact numbers because I had just had the wheel compressed so I dont think it was settled perfectly. To find your bump/droop I would do what I did below... at static ride height, measure the distance between the bottom of the wheel lip and the wheel well. Then put something 3-4" tall under the tire so the wheel Carrys most of the weight of the car. Now measure the distance again... that's your bump travel. Multiple that by .7 or so and that should be pretty close to your strut travel in bump. Then jack the car off the gorund and measure again... difference between static and full droop is your droop travel. You may possibly have very little droop travel... with numbers we can speculate further as to what's different... I'll also measure my strut length for comparison.

I put two bricks under my tire to fully compress the suspension into the bump stop. I have quite a bit of clearance between the wishbone and the chassis still. See below. I have an adjustable arm in place of the m3 whishbone but that shouldn't make much difference anywhere near what you're seeing.

I sit at like 4.5" of ground clearance to the bottom of the rear side skirt. How low do you sit? Seems really odd the arm would ever hit the chassis there... my diff would be dragging on the ground if the rear squated that much lol

Last edited by bbnks2; 09-03-2019 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10525.50