Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I think if you have an upgraded oil cooler and radiator paired with an FMIC you should have no issues with heat.
You'd be surprised. Remember, we're racing (up to 45 min. continuous sprint racing), and we could be at places like Willow Springs in July (110+ deg. outside). We already run the heater in the car full blast, but we are looking to delete the heater box.

I have the 1M aux. radiator parts on order.
Maybe you can consider trying some low E85 mixes (20%) and/or meth/water injection for their cooling properties. Personally I use them more for power rather than anything else but I've never had an issue with overheating when on track days when using meth and I don't have any upgraded cooling other than an FMIC. Barely breaks 120+ Celsius actually on a 15-20 minute session.

Of course you may have some fueling issues running on E85 but low mixtures should be ok. If you want to you can tune the meth/water injection for power as well or just leave it for the cooling using a single nozzle.

I have dual 1mm nozzles but I almost run through a complete 5L tank in 15 minutes. On a smaller single nozzle with a slightly larger tank it may last you the whole 45 minute session.

Of course going with fully upgraded oil and water cooling systems are probably the better, albeit more expensive solution for a proper race car.

Or you could do it all.