View Single Post
      09-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #39
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce;
the software update worked for me for about 2 months. now my hpfp is definitely dying. when i first start the car if it's been several hours since it's been run, the idle is horrible and sounds like the car's about to die. i've got an appt. tomorrow to get it replaced. i have a few codes related to the hpfp, had a limp mode a week or so ago too
So i just got back home from my long trip 1350 kms in one day and had two limp modes today. 2 months and some 4000 kms after the software update that "fixed" my long cranks it happenned: first when i was accelerating hard and changed from 5th to 6th on the highway when the rpm hit about 5,5-6k.
I pulled over, restarted car and it was back to normal. Second one happened when i was going top speed in sixth gear at about 5,5-6k rpm and 260 kph (german highway). Frustrated is the least to say, dangerous? Not that much but scary.
I will have to book it at the dealer but im worried because i just remapped the ecu a few days ago, could the remap expose the faulty pump or they are not related and same would happen even if i didnt remap to ecu? (uk eqiuvalent of dinan)