View Single Post
      03-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #117
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Sounds good about the car, but let's be realistic here about attracting a younger generation. Sounds like this car is going to hover around the 50 thousand dollar mark, and short of young adults that are subsidized by their wealthy parents, they are not going to be luring kids away from their STIs, EVOs, even 370Zs and Mustangs.

$50,000 and 'affordable' should not be used in the same sentence.
There's plenty of "young adults" that work their asses off to get where they are. Not every 20-sum year old is subsidized by Daddy. Take my situation - dual income household, no kids (and no plans for them), no debt, low mortgage payment, disposable income, enjoys the finer things (like an M1) - that can't be that rare, can it? Combined with the silver spoons and "older" enthusiasts, I'd say that's a plenty big enough pool of consumers for this car.

BTW, the group of cars you put forth have never been on any list of mine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0