View Single Post
      07-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #12
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI-R View Post
You definitely should do your own diff research…….the wheel lifted Wavetrac description above is COMPLETELY wrong.
If you say so. I have one. Go watch a video on how they handle no-load in a Wavetrac. It's a marketing gimmick to separate it from the other helical torque biasing differentials. It doesn't work as advertised. You will spin the inside wheel in a no-load situation. It just doesn't seem to actually generate enough "internal load" to stop no-load situations like it claims (from my experience anyway).The actual torque biasing ability is also relatively low in comparison to a more performance oriented clutch type diff. At any rate, that was just one example... if you're waiting on a wavetrac before putting in a bigger rear sway then you're waiting for no reason imo.

As you can see SpiderTri is happy with the e92 m3 rear bar. Autocross being just about the worst case scenario for this theory that you can't upgrade the rear bar without an aftermarket LSD. It's constant transitions and weight transfer. Much worse than on any road-course. If there is anywhere you're going to have problems it's autocross. There are some people who say they had issues with rear sway bars on the stock diff but there are just as many that say it's fine. Maybe it is peoples brake pads? Or maybe they just didn't take the time to re-learn the cars behavior before parroting the "you need an LSD" to make it work? Who knows but I really don't care to argue about it. Just my 2c that it's not as world-ending as the forums make it seem. Especially the e92 m3 bar which is a mild upgrade. It shouldn't be severely limiting droop or pulling up the inside wheel.

Last edited by bbnks2; 07-27-2021 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0