View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #62
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
I'm not a big US car fan BUT there are 4 reasons to visit a US dealership. Corvette, Cadillac, SUV, Pickup truck. IMHO there isn't a European sports car made that can compete with a Corvette in performance and looks at its price point. Americans rule the pickup truck market. American SUVs are good but now everyone makes SUVs and probably better. Cadillac, well enough said.
I like European cars because I think they have character but reliability overwhelmingly goes to Japanese cars. Funny because I was taken that BMW owners accept that their cars are less reliable but FUN to drive. I ALWAYS felt German cars were dependable but expensive to buy and own.
Who knows maybe the next big American move will be towards touring sedans (wagons) like the Europeans.
Corvette - Fits a strong stereotype, very few people outside of that group want that car no matter how well it performs. It's a car that isn't for everyone.

Cadillac - I am going to assume this is a joke. The Escalade is the only worhty vehicle and a ton of them are actually fleet sales.

SUV - Yes, Escalade...see above. Maybe Denali, Tahoe and Yukons since they are the same thing.

Pickup Truck -yes, this one I can agree on 100%... albeit Toyota with its Trucks is really not that far behind, then add that they are made in San Antonio makes you wonder how they are so profitable compared to our UAW filled shitholes.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00