View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
decaturdad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3, 07 e90, 2012 135i RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
If you don't mind spending the coin, there is always Dinan Stage 2.
Flash-and-forget convenience if you are still under warranty and don't want to have to remove your JB4 for dealer visits.
It is the most expensive option available, but if you have an N55 and your car was built too late to be Cobb compatible, your choices are basically Dinan (flash) or JB4 (piggyback, but far better than other piggybacks).

Depends on your needs and priorities (convenience, cost, warranty, power, etc.).
JB4 will make more power at a fraction of the cost and is adaptable to other mods. Depending on your dealer, though, you will likely have to take it off every time you go in if you are under warranty.
Dinan comes with a warranty and if (like me) your Dinan dealer is also your BMW dealer, there will never be any warranty issues or questions. The down side is if you want to go full bolt-on (down pipe, etc), it will not adjust and your gains for those mods will be minimized. The only supporting mod that Dinan Stage 2 is designed to work with (optionally) is an upgraded FMIC.

To others: let's not make this a debate about Dinan - the point of this post is to discuss the options and the pros and cons for what appears to be an N55 engine. Dinan is the right tune for some priority sets (like mine) and it is the wrong one for others - there is no right or wrong answer, just one that fits each individual's needs.
Any idea of cost for the Dinan? Their website just says "call for pricing"
Appreciate 0