07-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #36
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
It's come to a point where I no longer care which is faster as I am not driving a race car. If I have to put the car in "D" to get it to move I feel like I have to tuck my dick between my legs. I don't race from lights. I don't track my car. I just drive to work every day and the joy of driving remains as I notch through the gears.

There's always been some kind of excuse for driving an automatic and only VERY recently has that excuse become "because it's quicker." It used to be traffic or sharing the car but that's not the case anymore. You can keep your fraction of a second and whatever the acronym of the month is for this edition of the manumatic, I will row my own boat so long as the option remains available.
I feel the same..I would maybe rock a DCT/DSG whatever theyre call as a second car...(maybe to replace my current daily/beater/commuter) but my fun car needs 3 pedals(with a clutch that I can see)

Anything that can do anything on his own is automatic (climate control in the car can be operated manually but can be automatic as well) headlights can be auto or manually operated...so these tranny that can shift by themselves are automatics end of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0