OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
I wouldn't sweat that at all.

I put a scratch on my front left fender within a month of getting the car. It was only an inch long but the location necessitated painting a large area and the adjoining panel. It won't affect resale at all and corrects a serious problem. I've also rashed two rims which have also been repaired to perfect condition.

This repair will only improve your car overall and should definitely be done while still under warranty and before the problem can metastasize into adjoining areas.

The car takes damage every time you drive it. Most if it is easily mitigated or undetectable. Enjoy the car my friend.
Agreed car takes abuse every time you drive it, but it seem the OP's issue is a defect from the factory. Unless he was abusing the car doesn't seem like welds should be failing. When I went to the performance center to pick up my car back in November I was 7 hours into a 13 hour drive down when they called me to tell me I wouldn't be able to leave with my car because my abs sensors had a failure. I got to look at my car while I was down there but they had to keep it for another two weeks for the repair. While i was inspecting my car I also noticed that my rear spoiler wasn't on perfectly straight. Maybe I'm just a ball buster, but I don't expect parts to fail or not be put on straight on a brand new car. Took me a while but I think I was fairly compensated by BMW NA. If I was the OP I'd be pretty pissed.
Appreciate 0