05-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Ok..no... got your point.. and again.. my reply is that your position is unreasonable. If a doctor removed your balls (for a ball buster such as yourself... that might actually be poetic justice?? instead of tonsils... well.. there is some PERMANENT, IRREPARABLE DAMAGE that is done. So compensation? yes.

A weld that wasn't done right on a new vehicle is something that can be REMEDIED or REPAIRED, without any DAMAGE being done... Heck... there probably isnt going to even be much painting of the outer body panels! The body shop will remove the outer panels... Redo the welds... add some primer to cover the area to print rust... then some additional rust proofing.... and replace the outer panels... This is all easily done by a local repair shop.. So..... not going saying a lot (or perhaps any) compensation going on other than a loaner vehicle and a sincere apology . As stated previously.. that's why there is a warranty. No compensation other than RECTIFYING the issue. to get serious about anything beyond that one would need to check on local LEMON laws.
All I'm saying is I had a similar issue and I was told by people affiliated at BMW NA that things like this shouldn't happen, that's why they do have QC, and I should ask for compensation. I think defective welds are something that QC should catch.
Appreciate 0