11-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #51
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I've been told the same thing by multiple people, so I'm also going to leave it until it fails (and I don't think about it until these threads pop up). I'm at 75K on my 2009. But I never take it on long trips or go out of town. Always within 10-20 miles of BMW indys (and dealers, worst case).
I wrote that a month ago and mine failed this morning (still at 75,xxx).

Car was cold, I drove 2 miles away to stop at the bank. When I started the car, the fan came on high speed (I have the upgraded fan/oil cooler with PPK2). Usually don't hear that until hot summer months stopped in traffic. Water temp was still cold (150 degrees?). I watched the water temp on my steering wheel climb until 240 and limp mode. Pulled car over and let it cool. Noticed I was throwing codes on the P3 gauge (2e81 and 2e82 if you're curious). Let the temp drop to 200-210 (luckily chilly out) drove another 0.5 mile and pulled over again. Repeat. Thankfully only 2-3 miles from home. Back home and waiting for flat bed to bring it to my preferred indy (100 mile towing with AAA plus, my shop is 40-50 miles away).
Appreciate 0