11-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #58
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I've no idea about my car's water pump history, but at 160k, roughly double the failure mileage, I've been browsing for deals on pumps and t-stats lately. I plan on doing a coolant flush in the near future, so I may as well do the pump and t-stat while everything's drained and opened-up.
How many miles were on the clock when you bought it? How do we know it wasn't replaced just before you bought it? I wonder if a knowledgeable mechanic could peek under your car and figure this out.

Just thinking out loud. On the other hand, if you put on a large portion of the 160K miles, you are probably wise to do the replacement now. Will you DIY? Several good YouTube videos including one by Otto at BavAuto.com. It is long and moves slowly, but it is exceptionally complete and very educational for a hack mechanic like me.

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0