Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by christofis135i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christofis135i View Post
Idk if you attempted the instal yet, I just ordered mine. Saw a thread on e90post and one dude said on the e82 models you just need to remove the mounting bolts for the water pump. Once that is done it'll move out of the way just enough to get to it.
I haven't attempted the install yet. If you can install it without disconnecting/draining the coolant that would be awesome. I recently moved into an apartment complex where I'm not allowed to work on my car so it's going to have to wait until I decide to either rent a lift, or have a shop do the install for me.
Went to install it yesterday but couldn't finish due to them sending me a 9358 when the box and my order says 9356.

Anyway, it's a bitch to get to but absolutely no need to drain coolant! I was so happy to figure this out. The top mounting bolt on the water pump is definitely the hardest part. Once that is able to move it's just enough space to get to it. I had to remove my fan to get to it. I can write up a DIY but looks like most people pay to have it done.
Damn that sucks they sent you the wrong one! Where did you order from?

Yeah a diy or a couple of pictures would be nice. What do you mean by you moved the fan to get more space? I didn't remember the radiator fan being to close, or did you come in from far away at a weird angle/with a weird tool?
Appreciate 0