View Single Post
      07-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #16
christofis135i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i White/Red

@Dtla1
To remove the stock diverter valve you are going to need to first get the car up and remove the belly pan. Once that is off you are going to take the power steering lines, unbolt from the hanger towards the passenger side of the car and get them out of the way. I zip tied it to the cross member. Then remove the sway bar with the 4 bolt holding it onto the sub frame, I think they're 13mm or 14mm. Then you need an E12 torque socket to remove the water pump mounting bolts and an 8mm for the thermostat bolt. The bottom 2 next to the thermostat bolts are easy the one on top is where you need to take out the fan. With the fan out you can reach the top bolt (with the thermostat bolts out) and get the bolt loose. You'll have to use your hand or plies to slowly get it out but it will work. After that's out it will move out of the way and with an extension and a 3/8 drive long bit socket you can remove all 3 bolts and remove it. Also easier to put in the DV+. Then reverse to put it back together.

I'm terrible at writing DIYs so if you have any question if you do it just message me on here, or will he faster and easierS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0