02-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #90
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
Since I'm a very typical materialistic American, I have to buy stuff! The urge strikes me nearly everyday, so I do my part to keep the economy humming!

As far as the functionality of the Dimple, it hasn't had a significant or any accumulation of metal grit on it. I see that as a good sign. Perhaps in a newer engine it might pick something up, residuals material from manufacturing ? I would be worried if it picks up a lot of stuff.

The dealer who voided the warranty due to the magnetic drain plug is just being a prick. I would challenge this, because there isn't anyway a passive device would damage the engine. BTW, Dimple claims their products are recommended by some car brands.

Incidentally, my dealer installed my Dimple during an oil change. What he forgot to install was the access cover for the oil drain. He also forgot to properly install an engine cover and a rubber grommet when he replaced the injector on cylinder number two. Since the oil change was done over a year ago, I let them know I was unhappy, but I ordered a new cover and 6 plugs from ECS. It's a waste of time fighting with a moron dealer unless you have solid proof of their incompetence.
Yep. This is the main reason why I do all my own oil changes. I know the job will be done right and nothing will be left off the car.

Dackel
Appreciate 0