View Single Post
      07-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #8
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
AndyW Nice driving and smooth inputs.

Love the information captured on your video, especially braking + throttle + G forces + engine load + engine temp + intake temp …

Can you tell me how you integrate the all the telemetry onto your videos - R U using media editing software to combine OBD parameters and the VIRB captures?

I'm really interested in least hassles possible, and quickest editing possible. Im a HPDE instructor and having tools like this would be wonderful and make my job way easier. Ive done a few videos with added vocal narrative, and I was planning to also overlay footage of my heal and toe with a 2nd camera eventually…

Would be great if you could post a grocery list of your device make and models here. I got frustrated with HLT too, and stopped using it a while ago.
List of devices:
  • Qstarz BT-Q818 XT 10Hz external Bluetooth GPS
  • Bluetooth OBD2 knock-off dongle
  • Samsung S5 phone
  • HP EliteBook 840 Laptop
  • Microsoft MovieMaker software.
All you need is a Virb Ultra 30 (or even as old as a Virb Elite) and an OBDII dongle to get the data that you saw. The Virb natively collects telemetry/GPS and Bluetooth syncs with the dongle. Then you plug the camera into your PC and use the Virb Edit software to import the video and associated telemetry file (this is one thing, essentially drag and drop) to edit your video and pick which overlays you want. I then render to a file with the Virb Edit software and import that file into Cyberlink Powerdirector to do cuts/fades/text overlays, but any video editing software can do that basic stuff. I love the simplicity of just pressing (or saying....Ultra 30 is voice activated) record/stop at the track as my only interaction with the recording setup. I will say the only downside is that the Virb ultra goes thru batteries pretty quick (about an hour if you leave the camera on). But that is reasonable, given that the camera does everything. HTH.
Appreciate 1