02-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #38
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

keeps popping out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
You can see there is a small rolled edge on the pipe. If you can at least pull the silicone coupler over that by about 3/4" (or about 1" total including the rolled edge) you can get the clamp on the side of it. If you tighten that clamp there's no reason it should pop off.

You can also see a wider area on the hardpipe formed for the clamp to clamp to. Make sure the clamp is square to the surface (not crooked).

Make sure the hose is on straight. If it come on an angle it won't hold as well either.

See my post and picture above.
thanks for your answer man. i did it this way the day you told me, but again last night it popped off. i upgraded the turbo to a vargas, and im thinking maybe the placement of the turbo is a bit farther then the OEM, so the silicone coupler that unites the pipe to the intercooler is too short. When I attach it the wa you say, 1 inch past that curve, there is barely any silicone left to attach it to the intercooler. i am thinking i wil need to make my own piping, and remove this plastic pipe from the turbo.

Is there any aftermarket tube for this part?

If I want to attach my own tube with a silicone coupler to the turbo, how should i hold it? the turbo outlet is really small and i dont think a coupler will get a good grip. this sucks balls, and i have a td this sunday...
Appreciate 0