09-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #8
Fantastipotamus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Vert DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by awns729 View Post
I called one with good reviews and since my entire window has detached, he's only willing to replace the full top at $2100 since he's not confident a $350 reglue will hold once I try to put the top down. I think it will based on my reading here, so I'm left either finding another shop or DIY.

I believe these clamps (or similar) are the other missing piece to getting it to hold: https://www.amazon.com/Sealey-Suctio...8976968&sr=8-7

And then you complete the gluing process section by section.
When I was (briefly) considering a DIY job on my second issue, I also had those same clamps in my Amazon cart. IIRC, the video suggested a double order of them, so you can put them really close together.

Personally, I would probably give the $350 pro job a try, understanding it may fail fairly soon (and provided he’s willing to actually do it). I think it would hold up better than he thinks, provided he doesn't tank the job since he wanted to sell you a top and you didn't bite on it.

My window (as mentioned) has now been fully sealed and is doing fine. Not winning any beauty contests, but neither am I!
Appreciate 0