View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #59
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
My planned hardware upgrades include, mad-dad midpipe, FMIC, intake and maybe upgraded oil cooler. No plan for to change downpipe for a variety of reasons. Will these mods. support a stage 2 tune or is the downpipe an essential component of the tune?

Also more interested in reliability and safeguarding engine life than absolutely maxing power output. What's GIAC's approach to engine protection (increased water pump pressure or ?)

Sounds like great progress.
Yes, your hardware mods will support Stage 2 with the exception of not having a higher flow rear muffler. DP is not required as the 1M comes from the factory with higher flow version of the N54 DP's.

You are not even close on maxing out the performance of the N54 at Stage 2 on pump or race fuel mode. All parameters are monitors during the R&D process(GIAC used my personal 1M with 2000 miles on it), this is a complete DME flash, not a signal modifier or map changer like the JB or Proceed product.

Evolution Racewerks, Berk Technology and our 335i were all on GIAC's N54 flash for Redline Time Attack with zero reports of any issues. That was putting GIAC to the ultimate test and it passed with flying colors on three different vehicles with very different hardware mods.
Appreciate 0