View Single Post
      12-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
I do not think you could go wrong with any of the listed choices, even though the driving and ownership experience would very different between all of them. I would base my decision on what sort of driving dynamics you are looking for, rather than the hope of long-term appreciation which is a moonshot at best.
For close to the same price as a used and warranty-less 1M, have you considered the M2? I haven't driven one so can't compare the dynamics but it would have to be considered as well at that pricepoint.

A few people on rennlist either currently own or have owned 1Ms in the past. I came across a discussion by a couple of guys who had 1Ms, acquired a Cayman GT4, and are now getting the 991.2 GT3. The question asked was how do you best thin the fleet to accommodate the GT3?

I found what one of the guys said very interesting: "I’d keep the 1M alongside the GT3 without question. Very different driving experiences, especially if you’re comfortable with traction control off in the 1M. I spent over 70k sideways miles in that hooligan, and while it’s far more flawed than the GT4 I confess to missing it more."

The ideal reply. Thank you.

I have considered the M2 but you may notice some similarities between the 3 I’m considering. M3 and C4S were cars I read about when I was a teen and always wanted. 1M sort of the same thing but a bit later in life. The 135is is/was fantastic but lacked some of the prestige these choices have (even though more limited then any of them).

I’d love anymore feedback but this was a great reply, thanks again.
Appreciate 0