View Single Post
      10-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #19
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Question is becoming moot as most 1Ms are now beyond the warranty period.

If your Canadian 1M is still in warranty, then the warranty itself transfers over to the US, but the "maintenance" coverage/plan does not.

Up until the end of my warranty I struggled with BMW of NA, with whom I had many conversations and who claimed to have registered my Canadian 1M in my name. A few days before the end of my warranty, the car battery died and the car needed a jump start. BMW road assistance couldn't figure out how to get my car towed, so they transferred me to BMW Canadian road assistance, who set it up.

My warranty is now finished, and I think this renders all questions about this completely moot.

As regards the regsitration, my state, Idaho, was extremely anal about the odometer being as the cluster had been changed from kms to miles. After they got all the documentation they requested, the car was registered and titled like any other one. It is now a US registered and titled vehicle, and I would be very surprised if anyone would give two shits about that going forward.
Appreciate 0