01-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #27
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Drivehard's kit is the true 128i kit. The front calipers will be the same as the Turner kit except the Turner kit will be grey vs the yellow ones in Drivehard's kit. The rear option from the Turner link is for the 135i calipers, those fit on a 128i BUT YOU LOSE THE E-BRAKE. The kit Drivehard has is meant for a 128i in that it is a full bolt on without losing any functionality. The rear calipers are visually the same as stock, but have a larger piston to help with overall brake bias. These are the same calipers used on a 328i rear as well, hence this is why I mentioned you could buy used 328i rear calipers to "make your own kit".

The fact that Drivehard has everything you need to bolt it up, this would be a great upgrade for a street driven car and is completely bolt on and factory.

NOTE: I'm not affiliated with or even know Drivehard, just stating facts here so no bias from me, buy whatever you want
Hello all.. Wow a blast from the past. Now I know why the PM's lol ..

some background.

as asbrr said above this is 100% true.. the Kit I have was SOLD by BMW for 128's to be upgraded to "135" Brakes and yes the rear caliper piston is slightly larger to help with the brake bias. No Need for the Bigger master as per BMW engineers. BUT there was a retrofit coding to the DCS that the kit came with when I got it. It can be done to any 128. other "upgraders" did not do the retrofit and had no issues. I even have my F30 backing plates to help with cooling as insufficient cooling was the death of theses calipers.

The pedal feel and response was amazing I really enjoyed driving the car with the "big brakes"

carry on..