View Single Post
      06-08-2020, 06:58 PM   #13
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
How much camber should I be able to get out of the front of the car with just M3 front control arms and the BMW Performance suspension installed?

Can a good alignment shop get you much past the stock settings, or do you need to start doing things like pulling the pins or adding camber plates to get a noticeable difference?

Also what is a good front camber setting on these cars (128i or 135i) that’s great for a canyon carving street car and maybe occasional track day but won’t absolutely destroy your tire life?
Around a degree more. More negative if you lower the vehicle further.

Yes, as long as their equipment is capable of line of sight at your desired settings. Some machines, for some reason, lose line of sight over 2 degrees negative.

For a street car that is driven aggressively, you can tolerate around 2 degrees negative at zero toe. Rear can be anywhere between -1.5 to -2 with 3/16" toe if you have OEM toe arms and 1/8" if you have heim joint style adjustable arms.
Appreciate 1
kaputt684.50