AshwinLB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Cool.

Alpha Motorsports (ask for Mo, owner) had the best price by far, they are in Markham and made the whole hassle of importing / duties etc go away.

Make sure you get all new spring mounting/and shock mount hardware (spring pads, shock mounts etc etc) If your car has anywhere above 70K kms, worth it to do a full refresh. When you buy the upper strut mounts for the front, buy the HD model - they are tougher and built better to deal with a stiffer suspension. Also consider upgrading your rear upper shock mounts, Dinan makes a set, or the Meyle HD versions are a good OE+ replacement. Last but not least - think about doing RSFB - if you're refreshing the suspension, that's a big reason to fix the factory slop in the subframe. Oh and get rid of runflats.

It's a rabbit hole
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I'm at 183k so I am very, very due to refresh everything. Somehow went 40k without doing any suspension mods. I'm done with my power mods for now so I'm fully focused on suspension. Will definitely look into doing all of your recommendations.Really excited for how the car will feel after. I actually just got my solid RSFB last week, installing this weekend! Got rid of the runflats as soon as I could with Pilot Sport 4s on Apexs. Made a huge difference.

Yes I quickly realized that so many options

Last edited by AshwinLB; 06-10-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0