M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman1977 View Post
Congratulations of the tires!

Only thing I don't get is that I have the exact same setup, PSS in original sizes and NO tune and can't get the power down in second. Traction enabled and it barely moves at all just keeps on blinking - MDM on or all nannies off the rear just starts going really sideways.

Maybe I got a bad set of PSS..that's why I keep thinking about going Semi-Slicks oder superwide (285/295) in the back with PSS or a similar high performance tire.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I have the stock size PSS on my car since December 2011. There is no comparison to PS2 or other real street tires (not streetable tires) in terms of putting power down. I am with stock engine tune and it just hooks at second with mild and pleasant tail movement with MDM on. Of course, if you go WOT and DSC on at the same time it will just blink and cut power. ].

285 in the rear really makes a big difference. When I put a set on, I realized that I had been spinning my rear tires with 265s in the rear the entire time. I would bet that you would see the same improvement as you did from PS2 to PSS when going from 265 to 285 or 295 in the rear. It's a SIGNIFCANT improvement in rear grip.

I definitely recommend going bigger up front as well at the same time, if you value the ability to turn also.
Appreciate 0