06-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #55
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I know exactly what you mean--I have already heard people saying, in re: to the 1er coupe, "that would be a rockin nice car for my WIFE" and I am like WTF???? I don't think it looks like a "girl" car at all--but people say that about the Z in some circles as well. Unfortunately, it does play a part--it is up to the individual to determine what extent that part is....

Seeing it in person is going to tell me a lot....
Let those idiots drive their Escalades and Mustangs (not that there is anything wrong with either of those cars... and not that driving one makes one an idiot :smile: )!!!! Some people are interested in brute force, mulit-screen in-car entertainment systems and other priorities. Good for them...

I'm interested in a car that is high-quality, has leading-edge technology and provides me with an unforgetable driving experience. I don't want it to be big, and it only needs to make the minimum of concessions to everyday practicality (four seats and a trunk).

The 1er is going to be good. I anticipate it will satisfy my criteria and will probably do it head and shoulders above its closest competition (Audi, VW, Mercedes). Whether it's made by Honda or BMW is of little significance, except that I know from experience that the BMW standard (design, quality, innovation) is one met by few car companies and it's a standard I have aspired to.

This car will be fun, fast, high-quality and have innovative design and technology. It will probably be iconic in terms of its impact on the market (similar to the Miata and Mini).

People that don't get what the Miata and Mini are all about probably won't get what the 1er is all about (they are all about slightly different things, but, arguably, are all inspired by the same level of uncompromising passion and design excellence). Good for us. There'll be more 1ers on the lot to choose from........

:drinking:
Appreciate 0