bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmobile View Post
Closing the loop on the official team roster because the original press release didn't release the full team. BMW Motorsport's banquet earlier this week finalized it:

Core Four:
Alexander Sims
John Edwards
Connor De Phillippi (former Audi ADAC GT Masters series champ)
Jesse Krohn (raced select IMSA GTD races with Turner Motorsport, Rowe Racing FIA WEC)

Extended Endurance Team Members:
Bill Auberlen
Augusto Farfus
Nick Catsburg
Philipp Eng

Sadly, Martin Tomcyzk will not be returning to IMSA or Team RLL. I'm quite surprised by this decision. He proved to be very successful working through the pack and learned the North American tracks super quick. But so has Alexander Sims. Instead he will be driving an M8GTE in the FIA WEC.

I project Sims will continue to be in the lead #25 car with Connor De Phillippi while Edwards will remain in the #24 car with Jesse Krohn. Unless they decide to put their best drivers in one basket with Sims and Edwards both in #25, leaving Phillippi and Krohn to pilot the sister (and often cursed, at least M6GTLM) #24.
Sims is so fast. Check out this comparison of fastest 30 laps from each race for the entire 2017 season:

Sims ranked 3rd, with only Toni Vilander and Giancarlo Fisichella finishing ahead of him.

The Tomczyk move doesn't surprise me. BMW had their FIA WEC plans laid out well ahead of time. The 2017 IMSA season was GT racing practice for Tomczyk, whose professional experience is composed almost entirely of DTM.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1