View Single Post
      10-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
135jonny
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 135i

Need info on removing the speed limiter on a 2013 135i

Hi I'm new to the forums sorry for bringing this up I know I have seen this question asked before but I can't find any info that is recent. A few months ago I purched a 2013 135i DCT. I love the car the problem is I live in Germany and have been doing a lot of driving on the autobahn and found out my top speed is limited to 130 mph even though I have the sport rims and tires (how it came from the dealer). I have just started to put some bolt ons into the car and plan to do more in the near future. I would like to use this car for having fun at nurburing as well as weekend driver but with the top speed being so low I feel like being on the track with a 130mph top speed would take away from the straights as I already hit top speed on the autobahn very quickly and then people want to pass me and I have to slow down to get in the other lane. So my question is what are my options for the 2013 to remove or at least raise the top speed because I know the ecu for the late 2012 and 2013 are difficult to work with. Thank you for any help and sorry for the long post
Appreciate 0