12-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #64
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traf View Post
Man, i did it, i know what i'm talking about.
Took my oem shaft, and put a V8 flange at the end, total lenght was 1339mm. With all the lenght modification done to the REAR part of the shaft of course, from central bearing to diff.
Been working flawlessly for a year now, well except the diff that is shit but thats something else.
1M shaft is different, has less adjustability as far as the central mating point goes, front and rear parts of the 1M shaft are bolted together, so 0 adjustability there.
It is different for the oem 135i shaft, it is a spline mating, it can slide quite a lot. So 1339mm will actually work on both N54 and N55 tranny due to that adjustability at the central bearing.

*edit: of course both shafts have splines, 1m is bolted , 135i is free to slide.

That is very interesting. So you are saying a standard 135i shaft can be adjusted with the central bearing and just by bolting the v8 flange to the n54 shaft it bolts up? This is absolutely new information. Everyone prior, myself included all got custom shafts made.

I attached VTL's illustration from his custom shaft. Only 2mm from what I expected it to be off of Real OEM.

What was your issue with the diff? I have had an m3 diff for years and have only had good success with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by ilikebmxbikes; 12-07-2017 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0