View Single Post
      12-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
scs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ILess View Post
Hi. just copy what i wrote inside an other post.

Sorry for my english..i'm french

it's funny cause i spoke with one of my collegue about the HPFP problem that BMW have with the N54 & he smile at me..and start to laught! and said to me without telling him any of the symptom..long crank starting!!! he said without hesitation...LOL i discover that before working with us he was working for Lotus & before that with Bosch company. They supply many fuel pump for many car brand. he told me that he worked especially on the same problem (Arizona GM facilities ground) for the CTS, the HHR??, Sky & Soltice duo..One of the main problem about this problem is the temp inside the engine bay, specially when the car engine is stop & re-start after 10 min after a hard session of driving. the temp get so hot under the hood that the fuel start to vaporise inside the pump... now try to pump that..what killing the pump lillte by little it's the starting he said. after that, you have the problem of lubrication, the pump cannot be lubricate properly with fuel vapor. he said to me that BMW will never find a solution about this problem. he said also that he's sure that us here in Canada, there not to much problem about that cause the ambiant temps is colder in any season than you guy from state. Maybe is wrong, maybe not.. i'm just relate is statement and i'm not an expert. After that he show me a lot of picture with elise, Exige and even the Evora that he did all engine test,calibration on. locky baster!!! Just want to share this with you
this makes sense
Appreciate 0