Thread: Luc's N55 Build
View Single Post
      12-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
BlackBMiLuc
Pavement Operator
Rep
Drives: none

Luc's N55 Build

Not too new to the community as I've been lurking on here for a couple years ever since I ordered my 135i. I came from a few Subaru's beforehand and couldn't be more grateful on the wealth of knowledge, support, and friendships evolved from being on the forums and local meets. I'd like to get more involved on here by sharing this with anyone interested.

It's only recently that I've decided to keep my 135i and modify it further. Ever since the 1M was released, I've been back and forth countless times whether to sell the 135i (even going through posts and threads on here for opinions) and purchase the 1M or build my 135i the way I want it, use it the way I want to until something "I have to have" comes along. Of course it's always been a matter of whether the extra cost justified the purchase (especially since I custom ordered my 135i brand new from the factory). Had I purchased a used 135i, the decision would have been a lot easier and made a long time ago to the 1M. Then again, I'm also the type of person who would have always kept in the back of my mind that it's a collector car.

Anyway, I've been going through several very impressive and unique builds on here from 1M conversions to full-on swaps (engine, suspension, etc.) Big props to these guys if its any of you coming through here. It really inspired me to go with the keep and build approach. I'll make it to my liking and driving, get more track time, always seek driver improvement and make my way to local meets. Right now, that's the option that makes sense for me.

My 2012 BMW 135i:

Modifications: (1/21/2017)

Engine and Transmission
-BMS N55 Intake [BMS]
-JB4 Tuner [BMS]
-Berk Race Axleback [Ebay]
-Custom Driveshaft (M3 rear half mated with N55 front half)

Suspension and Brakes
-KW V2 Coilovers [Top Gear Solutions]
-M3 Rear Subframe and Suspension (Control Arms, Sway Bar, Axles)
-Subframe & Diff Bushings [Powerflex]
-TRW M3 Front Control Arm Kit [HP Autosport]
-M3 Rear brakes and rotors
-Stoptech SS Brake line kit
-Stoptech Front Rotors (drilled)
-Stoptech Street Performance Pads (front & rear)

Wheels and Tires
-VMR Wheels V710 GM [VMR]
Front: 18 x 8.5 ET 45
Rear: 18 x 9.5 ET 50
-BMW 10mm Wheel Spacers (rear)
-Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires [Tirerack]

Exterior
-Tints (Front and Rear at 20%) [Local RI shop]
-Black Kidney Grills [BMW OEM]
-CF Performance Trunk Spoiler [JBspeed]

Interior
-M3 Gauge Cluster

Parts Bin:
-M3 rear diff (awaiting replacement)
-P3 Vent Gauge

Next on the List:
-FMIC
-Oil Cooler
-Chargepipe
-Downpipe
-M3 Front Sway Bar (28mm)

Any suggestions, comments, etc, all are welcome! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by BlackBMiLuc; 01-21-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 4