Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by int2str View Post
Heh, I LOL'd at this thread
Amen, brother MPBK!

Not that hard is relative! Opening it up is half the battle, actually getting the fuse out/in is quite another. Try it in another town away from your tools at a gas station at night (let's say your headlight fuse went out). Report back afterwards

"It's always been a pain in the butt" is no excuse.
And I also disagree. On the E90 I had, the fuses aren't recessed nearly as deeply as in the E82.

Making fuse replacement - or bulb replacement for that matter - so unnecessarily hard is stupid.

I just replaced my angel eye bulbs. My bleeding knuckles reminded me again how retarded BMW design can be when it's not driving related.

On my wife's Volvo S40 a single metal pin holds in the whole headlight. Open the hood, pull pin (no tool required) and voila, whole headlight is in your hands. I could replace the bulbs on her car in complete darkness at the side of the road with no flashlight in under 30 seconds.

Bottom line, it's 2012. This stuff isn't hard...
I won't tell you how long it took me to replace the passenger side headlight cover... Let's just say, I had bloody knuckles that were sore for days, I said every profanity known to man, and I swore I would NEVER do it again. Most ridiculous access EVER!!!