09-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
Wings0fRed
Newb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Is the $600 for the software upgrade the final price? Or will there be some sort of stupid labor fees thrown in? You know, because its tough work plugging a computer into a car
I'm sure that's not including "labor". I'd also expect it to be an easy plug n play type process, but I know a lot of times the car ends up sitting on the computer for quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFN55 View Post
For N55?? But is it conflict with Cobb Tunning which I planned to install later on?
Your cobb tune would overwrite the software tune ("Version 1" of the PPK). Obviously, if you did Version 2 you'd still benefit from the additional hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pirate View Post
Interesting. I think I'll stick with my Dinan Stage 2 upgrade though.
If you don't mind losing (*possibly*) having warranty issues, Dinan, Cobb, JB, etc is defintiely a lot more bang for your buck. I stuck with the BMW PPK route because I wanted to keep my extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
So... does BMW still make the Performance Power Kit (PPK)? This sounds like these two kits slot in under the "full" PPK. ???
I agree, this sounds pretty much like what I had installed a few months back, just with the option of software only ("Version 1").

------------------------------------------------------

Overall it's a good tune and the hardware does make a difference. I've been happy with it but it is definitely expensive for the performance gains.