View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
MINIz guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i STX

MINIz guy's "I don't need a car" new 128i

Hi all,

I just purchased a high mileage '08 128i today. It's pretty basic with a moonroof, and sport package. I didn't need the car at all, but I drove my friend's 128i and thought it would be a great daily driver. I found this one on Craigslist for a good price (lowest in a nationwide search), so I thought I'd just jump on it.

A little about me; I have a slicktop E36 328i that is prepped for SCCA autocross and is no longer a fun daily or weekend car. I also daily drive a Chevy Colorado (diesel bro!) but I don't always need to be driving a truck around. It nets me 27mpg on my 100-mile round trip commute, tows the E36, and is useful around the house, I have no complaints about it. Now for a pictures of the E36:

The 128i I picked up is a 2 owner, CPO and dealer serviced for its entire life. It was driven a lot as the previous owner from 24k-150k miles had it all around the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) region before moving to DC. Luckily, these modern cars have good rust protection and it doesn't seem crusty. It does have it's fair share of problems as I have an EAC sensor code causing a CEL, and some oil leaks from what I see as the valve cover and oil pan gasket. It also needs a DEEP clean, as you can see from the photos:

The plan for this car is to be a fun daily driver that I can take to TNiA and other HPDEs. It can probably be a better STX car than my E36, but I'm not going down that rabbit hole again. Tomorrow I'm going to detail it and see what it looks like when clean.
Appreciate 1
Matticus913477.50