View Single Post
      01-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #42
Blacksport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

MY LCI tails arrived today (they are COOL!!!!!!!)

I've been playing around with them, here's what I came up with:

Do this if you want the LCD bars on at night, and NO other lights on...the LCD bars will work as brake lights too:

There are 2 connectors: a 3-wire with only 2 wires (outboard connector) and a 6-wire with only 5 wires (inboard connector)....on the 3-wire connector, open the clip and move the center wire to the unused slot, pin #1. Your LCD's are now on and work as regular nite taillights AND brake lights, and the bulb that was on before is now off, no bulb-out warning. VERY nice! However, there are still 2 other bulbs still on, one of which is also an additional brake light. This is what I did with those...no laughing, please...remove the 4 bulb holder that has the 6-pin connector...now, paint those bulbs with black paint...use a hi-temp paint, preferably exhaust paint, but at least engine paint...rough the bulb up a bit with some fine emory...give it 2 coats....do NOT paint the 2 bulbs that are the back-up light and the orange turn signal.

Now you have no bulbs messing up your beautiful LCD bars, and everything works....sweet!
'13 128i 6sp, '19 Cherokee Ltd 3.2, '17 Ducati SuperSport S Gone But Not Forgotten: 74 Z28, 77 Datsun 280Z (1st 5sp in US), 92 Nissan 300ZTT, 94 MB SL600 V12, 01 M Roadster, 66 Yamaha TwinJet 100, 70 Suzuki X6 Hustler Race: GP/FP Spitfire SCCA, Merlyn FF SCCA, Mazda RX7 IMSA GTU, Yamaha FZR 400 AMA.
Appreciate 2