07-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #52
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
BMW M1

BMW is about to do to the 1-series what it did to the 3-series years ago: stretch it every which way, filling existing niches and creating new, exciting ones too - headed by a red-hot M version. The M1 badge would be resurrected on a very different beast to the landmark 1970s supercar though; this time it'll feature on the rump of the new 1-series coupe, standard versions of which will arrive next year.

To give the 1-series a badly needed image boost, BMW is reconsidering the M1. This project was originally scheduled to arrive at this year's Detroit Motor Show back in January. Under Ulrich Bruhnke, who recently left the company, the M division had proposed four different M1 spin-offs: a coupe, a lightweight GTR, a cabriolet and the E82 M1 touring. The latter model died altogether, the GTR was deemed too expensive despite its motorsport potential, and the fate of the drop-top was of course linked to that of the coupe. Both have now been confirmed.

Next year, BMW will launch the regular two-door versions of the 1-series. Aimed with high hopes at the North American market are the coupe and convertible which look a touch more elegant than the rather ungainly hatchbacks, despite the same oversize headlamps, sagging fat-belly cutline along the door sills and that squashed tail end.
Wow, I really like the M1 look. We can do that with the 135i..won't be long after it's out that we can do the dual exhaust look by changing the rear to accomodate the dual tip. Then have an exhaust for dual setup.

Also, I really like the hood bulge like the E46 M3 in that photo. Side grills are cool too I guess and front bumper is slightly different.

I think the 135i can be made close to this look and just leave the side grills off, I would be happy with that.
Appreciate 0