View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #62
///MG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '05 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
It won't be an M1 though, BMW really cannot use that designation. Due to possible legal or intellectual right dealing with lambo.

Thats why they releases the Tii Concept...!
Save for a few BMW enthusiasts, what percentage of the typical luxury car buyers group (MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc...) actually know of or heard of the M1? In all honesty. Keep in mind the car was pulled from production nearly 3 decades ago. I can admit that I had never heard of it, yet again my age has a large factor to do with that. If they chose to use the M1 nomer would that really hinder any sales or piss off any BMW diehards? It would more than likely be a great success anyways, just look how the 135i is doing thus far.

Also, I know Lambo failed to keep up their end fo the agreement for the production of the M1 leading the car to be developed by the M division. That may release BMW from any legal obligations.

I think the M1 will happen, although not anytime soon. If they truly do make an M1, I'm putting my money on an I6 engine with outputs of 370 hp+ in addition to much lighter weight than the soon to be 135i.

Garrett - Still a good point on the concept of the Tii though.
Appreciate 0