View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
naregf
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i M Sport

Window issues after recall re blower-regulator wiring harness.

Took my 128i in to BMW for a recall re blower-regulator wiring harness. They got it all fixed thankfully. The thing works like a charm.

However, got car back and windows were behaving strangely the moment I picked it up.

1. Auto close function no longer works.

2. Slightly worse is that the automatic up/down that occurs as you shut the door also does not work – the window stays outside of the door frame unless you delicately force it under the frame every time.

Perhaps noteworthy is that my trip meter was also reset when I got the car back and that this issue is happening with both windows.

Anyone else with similar issues? Any thoughts on what may have occurred / how to fix it? My best guess so far is that the windows need to be reinitialized, and this may have occurred due to a power loss. Any other theories?

BMW dealership is denying all responsibility in the matter: "the windows are not related to blower-regulator wiring harness". BMW Canada and BMW dealership both say the repair will be covered if it is related to work that was done during the recall. BMW dealership still wants to charge full rate for a diagnostic
Appreciate 0