12-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #12
Olgeezer1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6MT Sport Pkg. 18"

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by funseries View Post
Unfortunately I live in a condo and they don't have any easy way to keep a tender plugged in. At this point I'm just wondering if my battery is legit fcked. It's only a little over a year old. I don't see why it would die that fast even if I made short drives since then.

Maybe I'll give this reregistration a shot. Always wanted to have one of those OBD tools anyways.
Assuming your battery is coded + registered correctly it's the lack of use/ short trips that are killing you. These cars are battery killers if not used regularly as the constant electronic monitoring cannot be shut off. Your condo situation puts you in a tough spot. If you can work out a power source a BMW Smart Charger or quality Smart Charger from Deltran or CTEK will end your problems. Plug in using the under hood connections anytime the car sits more than a couple of days, avoid drives of less than 30 min. Those short trips are also filling your oil and exhaust system with water from condensation that's not getting burned off. It would really appreciate a hard weekly drive of an hour or more.
Appreciate 0