View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Ventus V12 are great... For the price. I liked mine a lot. However, they did make the steering feel mushy and are definitely a street tire. They don't perform very well on a track. While the dry grip was better than stock 135i RFTs and plenty for a daily driver tire, what impressed me the most was the wet grip - comparable to very high end tires at a much more reasonable price. I pushed my car in the rain with those tires more than most.

The RS3 are really track tires that can double duty on the street (not the other way around). They get chewed up very fast in normal driving and really like to be warm to perform best. Almost any tire that's well suited for a track will be less than ideal for the road, sorry to say. The gripper the tire is, the softer it tends to be, and the faster it will wear.

So it depends... What are you looking for? A good street tire with passable track performance? The V12 might fill that role, they could ALMOST handle my JB+ tune without losing traction, whereas the stock 135i runflats couldn't handle stock power levels in the dry all the time. If you're looking for a more "real" track tire that won't screw you over if it starts drizzling like a drag tire, or won't go bald after a month, try star specs or rs3. Though be warned they still may get used up faster than a PSS or other tire.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0