View Single Post
      01-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #47
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
What's with the electronic diff? Isn't that what we have already? How would that benefit over a mechanical LSD? And does the dual clutch = no proper manual transmission?
I think this is wrong in the quoted report and the M-Variant won't have the same e-diff. It's either using the mechanical LSD from the M3 (like Mapezzul suggests) or even the torque vectoring diff (the report might allude to this as it's electronically controlled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
yeah just put in an other soeped up AG turbo engine and put an ///M badge on it.

If you pay premium for ///M i would like an piece of art engine from them. That means 8500 rpm with 320hp or more out of a 3.0 liter high rev engine made by ///M itself like the all the ///M engines. After X5 ///M no proper ///M engine its made from them it s an off the shelf AG engine with a big price take on them. Same goes for the new M5 with Turbo.

If youre looking for a torque engine s or turbo engine s you can shop at almost every brand also the cheap jap ones. This is not ///M worthy a 135i ///M1 for me it s not.

An M1 should be made light and nimble they should not concentrate on high easy to get turbo power figures. But concentrate on an awesome drive like the M3 CSL is. There are more cars with more hp but not so manny cars which are a dream driving corners and steer the car on throttle.
The perfect car for your needs does exist already, the M3 GTS.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0