01-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #48
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
yeah just put in an other soeped up AG turbo engine and put an ///M badge on it.

If you pay premium for ///M i would like an piece of art engine from them. That means 8500 rpm with 320hp or more out of a 3.0 liter high rev engine made by ///M itself like the all the ///M engines. After X5 ///M no proper ///M engine its made from them it s an off the shelf AG engine with a big price take on them. Same goes for the new M5 with Turbo.

If youre looking for a torque engine s or turbo engine s you can shop at almost every brand also the cheap jap ones. This is not ///M worthy a 135i ///M1 for me it s not.

An M1 should be made light and nimble they should not concentrate on high easy to get turbo power figures. But concentrate on an awesome drive like the M3 CSL is. There are more cars with more hp but not so manny cars which are a dream driving corners and steer the car on throttle.

There will be no more high revving motors (after the GTS which was really built b/c of the ALMS GT2 car), get over it. It is not feasible for a high revving naturally aspirated motor to get good mpg and emissions at THIS PRICE POINT. People make it sound like ///M is some exotic, it is not- exotics are cars the middle class can only dream of buying because of cost. Ferrari is a whole different level.

When Ferrari builds a high revving naturally aspirated motor that turns in good EPA numbers then we may think BMW could. Though only if it reached some sort of scale- When you sell less than 1000 cars a month (///M) and have a pricepoint that is not sky high there is only so much you can do.

Until then, the new ///M turbos are fantastic and have no characteristics of a turbo, go drive one- the real Jeremy Clarkson even said the turbo V8 is perfect.

People just need to realize that things are done for a reason even though we might not immediately approve. I would even say that less than 5% of people have ever driven an ///M let alone a turbo version.

Last edited by mapezzul; 01-06-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0