View Single Post
      08-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #50
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
I have yet to see a new, non modded 1er with white "angel eyes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Years ago when I first saw the crisp white ones showing up on the 3-series coupes, I thought they're almost too white. Hurts my eyes. I never cared enough to even consider doing anything to them or messing with stock, but I like them just fine the way they are. It's a little weird that they don't match the eyebrows now, but it also sets them off and apart so you don't just have a bunch of crisp white shapes barreling down on you in your rearview from up ahead before we pass you. O=)

Actually, I just went back and looked at my own photos after posting this since I never see my own headlights and I think what it is is that when they have a different color to them, it makes it really look more like a face and eyes and an eyebrow. It's a little more dynamic and adds a bit more depth since they do NOT match. Soft, but intent eyes and angry, strong eyebrows. It's a mean and menacing face.

Alright, back to me focusing on floormats.
When I first saw the new e92 "angel eyes", I thought it was cool of BMW to make them white. After a few seconds of looking at the lights, I found the lights too strong (especially at night!). However, I'd get those white lights than the non-xenon headlight "angel eyes". On the e90, the non-xenon AE's are very faint. It can barely be seen at night. I'm not being biased but I like the our strong yet soft yellow AE's. Just like you, I really loved the contrast of the yellow eyes with the white brows and xenons.

IF BMW was able to develop white AE's that isn't too strong, that would be a nice option. For instance, the "eyebrow" lights are a good place to start off with developing a good white AE's.
Appreciate 0