View Single Post
      07-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #18
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Also, per SCCA ST* Rules, metal and rubber/poly content cannot be more than OE mount. So in the case with inserts, you're increasing this content and thus will be illegal, and easily noticed and protested at a National event if someone wants to make your day bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
The picture the OP posted is of the m3 RSFB. I'm guessing the slight increase in perimeter fill material is negligible?
The exact rule says:

The amount of metal in a replacement bushing may not be increased relative to the amount of metal found in a standard bushing for the particular application.

I do not believe that this would preclude the use of any of the RSFB "inserts" but I also believe there is a genuine performance advantage to using a proper one piece bushing rather than the plug-in style bandaid.

Sorry for the slow updates, work has been insane, in fact I have had to drop the car off to a local performance shop to get some work done while I am out of town this week.

But the good news is when I get back to Vancouver next week, we will have a brand new DiffsOnline LSD, rear Hotchkis swaybar, and M RSFB bushings - should be a great transformation.

The coilovers are here but were damaged in shipping so I am still waiting on UPS for resolution, this process has been dragging on for a month now, extremely frustrating but such is life.

Update when I get back!

Mark