Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick403 View Post
Agreed that most shops in NYC and NJ charge absurd prices.
From experience I have found that MPowerhouse in the Bronx are very good with BMWs and likely will be able to handle any issues you throw at them. Another good one would be AutoCouture in Fair Lawn NJ but they charge $175 a hour if I'm not mistaken. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative I would also recommend King's Automotive as mentioned prior or SuperiorAutomotive located in Paterson NJ.
Had a negative experience at AutoCouture. They were nice to deal with and installed my parts at a reasonable cost, but one of the front shocks they installed wasn't aligned correctly in the spindle (about a quarter turn off) which made my car sit uneven and my alignment was also WAY out of spec as a result. I don't know how this install passed their quality control with an alignment so off. It was installed summer 2020 during Covid lockdown so maybe they had some trouble with staffing? I'm not sure. Anyways, this shop is too out of the way for me to go back to them, so it took another shop $500 to figure out the problem and uninstall/reinstall the shock properly and also weld a pin that broke off of the Konis. AutoCouture was very receptive of this and said they'd help me out if I ever needed something else done down the line, but I'm on the fence about going back. My work is too busy to be dropping a car off more than ONE time for a problem to be fixed. I will say, the owner who I dealt with there (I forget his name) was very nice and for that reason alone I might give them another chance if something comes up.

Also, I would stay away from a place called The Stance Shop (just in case someone were to recommend that place) AT ALL COSTS. The guys working there seem competent, but it's the most bizarre auto shop I've ever been to. There is NO appointment scheduling and whoever shows up first gets their car worked on so you could end up waiting hours for even the simplest repairs. There's also NO waiting room, NO front office, NO front door, nothing. It's literally a garage with 2 lifts. I regretted going there to get my fenders rolled within an hour. Clientele is also shady AF.
Appreciate 2