07-21-2023, 02:23 PM   #5
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Part of the overall appeal of a car comes from the design of the wheel. Black wheels have a tendency to obscure the wheel design; in the case of 359M or EC7s this is not ideal because they are classic and look great.

Some of the aesthetic punch of black wheels depends also on contrast with the color of the car.
I agree… I have learned a lot going down this wheel-rabbit-hole. I have two white cars with dark wheels, I typically like light color cars with dark wheels and darker color cars with lighter wheels, but in the flesh the darker wheels make the 1M fenders really pop to my surprise.

FWIW 359 wheels look slightly better, but EC7 have one less Y-spoke 7 vs 8 so they are lightweight for a 19” wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1eddy View Post
I normally don’t like black wheels but they look great on your car. The silver is a little too bright. Somewhere in between might be just right. An anthracite color would look great. You could still see the wheel detail then.
Agreed, might be the perfect happy medium.
Black 359 wheels are expensive, so I might darken my Apex wheels. Originally I wanted the FL5 in Anthracite or clear (both are a little darker than race silver/brushed) but the lead times were months out.
Appreciate 1
ayao643.00